Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ten Percent

     I read, in The Richest Man In Babylon  that we each deserve to retain ten percent of our total income for ourselves, for our savings, something to invest in our future. It is something my father told me years ago, when I got my very first job. But hearing it again got me thinking. With everything I have to do all day, everyday, for everyone and everything else, don't I deserve to take ten percent of my day for me?
      Getting up early enough in the morning to exercise, to take the time for a good breakfast, putting the Me Time in before the rest of the day even gets started, is a good way to make sure it happens.
      On those days when life's demands crowd out the Me Time, as will happen, making the commitment to get back on track as soon as possible gives us the permission for temporary lapses, without beating ourselves up. It is always important to be as loving, forgiving and encouraging with ourselves as hopefully we are with others.  
      One third of Americans have chronic health problems. One third of the average American spends the last third of their lives with some sort of chronic illness or disease. Ten percent of the day, first thing in the morning, every morning, is a wonderful way to invest in your future health, the future quality of your life. Don't you deserve to take ten percent of each day for you? 

                                                   Heath & Happiness,
                                                              Nancy Burton, L.Ac.
                                                                         534 Washington St. Ashland, OR  97520
                                                                         For Appointments Call: 541-646-0134                                                                         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment