Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Changing Other People's Diets

Changing Other People's Diets

      This weekend I was invited to speak at a workshop, which is always a rewarding experience. People come up with such wonderful questions. One woman inquired, after my talk, about changing the diet of a 92 year old parent, who had just come to live with her. "She drinks coffee, eats sugar, and white bread. What do I do?"  The woman looked rather shocked when I told her, " At 92, let her eat what she wants!"
     Trying to get to all the questions of the people who had come to speak to me on the break, I didn't get a chance to elaborate. Health is a choice. It needs to be a personal choice, made on a daily basis. For mentally competent adults, it doesn't work to have that choice made for you. Pressuring anyone into healthy choices, 'for their own good', just leads to unhealthy stress for everyone involved. Share information about the reasons behind healthy choices. But keep in mind, they are choices, and be respectful when people chose for themselves.   


                                                   Health & Happiness,
                                                           Nancy Burton, L.Ac.
                                                                 534 Washington St.  Ashland, OR  97520
                                                                                For Appointments Call :   541-646-0134 
            
    
      
         



1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of hearing you speak. I was wondering if you can do a phone appointment with me? I would love your input. I live in Sonoma County California if you would rather refer me to a colleague. ...Let me know. Thanks so much. Your words and energy inspired me!

    ReplyDelete